NihilismAbsurdism.Blogspot.com

"The Absurd" refers to the conflict between the human tendency to seek inherent meaning in life and the human inability to find any.

Nihilism : from the Latin nihil, nothing) is the philosophical doctrine suggesting the negation of one or more putatively meaningful aspects of life

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Posted by Al Day

Hi everybody,

Thank you for volunteering to help with Thames Valley Trail maintenance.

The summer maintenance season is now upon us and I wanted to give you a heads up on plans so if possible you can save some dates.

I expect to have 3 maintenance blitz ‘weeks’ for work on the trail north of the city:-

a) June 14 - 24

b) July 12 – 18

c) August 24 - Sept 4.

Some points to note:-

a) I will try to have a variety of days – weekdays and weekends - to accommodate various schedules. Any one session should not be longer than 3 – 3.5 hrs but driving time may add to this. Typically we will meet at 9am at a pre-determined location and try to stop work by 12 - 12.30pm.

b) This is of course entirely voluntary so please don’t feel any pressure!

c) We have a lot of volunteers so I may not call you on you each time.

d) Nearer the time (about 3-4 days ahead), once I know the likely weather, I will send an email providing details of date, time, place to meet, type of work etc. and ask you to confirm your presence/absence.

e) Mostly the work will involve lopping, weed whacking, bow-sawing etc with perhaps some trail erosion repair also.

Could I please ask you to complete, then copy and paste the short questionnaire below into a return email so that I can gauge likely numbers, not bother contacting those who know they cannot come, and have a feel for those who prefer weekends to weekdays etc.

Thanks for any help you can give in keeping our trail open and pleasant to use.

Alan Day

Trail Maintenance Director.

Questionnaire.

1. June Maintenance (14 – 24th)

a) I expect to be available potentially for that period (Yes/ No) _________.

If Yes:-

b) I prefer Saturdays (Yes/ No) _________________ ;

c) I prefer weekdays (Yes/ No) __________; please be specific if there are particular days that would be unavailable for trail work ______________________

d) I have no preference right now for any particular day ______

2. July Maintenance (12 – 18th)

e) I expect to be available potentially for that period (Yes/ No) _________.

If Yes:-

f) I prefer Saturdays (Yes/ No) _________________ ;

g) I prefer weekdays (Yes/ No) __________; please be specific if there are particular days that would be unavailable for trail work _________________________

h) I have no preference right now for any particular day ______

3. August Maintenance (Aug 24 – Sept. 4th)

i) I expect to be available potentially for that period (Yes/ No) _________.

If Yes:-

j) I prefer Saturdays (Yes/ No) _________________ ;

k) I prefer weekdays (Yes/ No) __________; please be specific if there are particular days that would be unavailable for trail work _________________________

l) I have no preference right now for any particular day ____

PLEASE RESPOND BY EMAIL TO : aday@uwo.ca

No comments: