NihilismAbsurdism.Blogspot.com

"The Absurd" refers to the conflict between the human tendency to seek inherent meaning in life and the human inability to find any.

Nihilism : from the Latin nihil, nothing) is the philosophical doctrine suggesting the negation of one or more putatively meaningful aspects of life

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kayaks

Buying a KAYAK from Suntrail Outfitters

I have been putting a few pictures and videos about my kayaking experience so far this summer on the blog. I actually bought one, a NECKY Manitou 13' at SUNTRAIL OUTFITTERS HWY 86 HEPWORTH, ON.
I have been in various weather situations since my purchase and had I known before hand how they handled in these various conditions I would have bought another model, a model with a rudder in particular. The craftsmanship on close inspection also leaves a little to be desired. I called the store to ask if I could exchange the one I bought for a better quality model with a rudder because it is was very hard to steer moving all over the water when the wind and waves were behind you. I was informed that they would have to devalue my boat because now it was used. The receipt says that merchandise can be returned for full value within 10 days , no mention of the exclusion of boats. Their rational was that the boat was not merchandise and was not now new. So my recommendation would be to drive a few extra miles and go into Tobermory. See the people and the kayaks at THORNCREST OUTFITTERS. They know what they are talking about when it comes to rudders and skegs . My best advise is to go to a place, as we found out later, that has some ethics and all the best equipment not to mention the knowledge about what boat suits your requirements, a place that asks the right questions you yourself would not, not having the experience to ask. My opinion- Thorncrest Outfitters in Tobermory if your thinking of buying a kayak. Call me or email me here.

jmac

No comments: